10 Reasons To Quit Your Job & Work For Yourself
The 9 to 5 grind: it’s a recurring feature of most people’s lives, but is it the best way to live?
For many people, the 9 to 5 seems like the optimal strategy. You go to the office, get paid, and then you go home. But there’s a problem with this: they’re not capturing all the value they create – a lot of it goes to their boss. You could be getting paid way more than you do right now. What are 10 Reasons To Quit Your Job & Work For Yourself?
You are more valuable than you think.
What’s more, this could be YOU! Check out these ten reasons to ditch the 9 to 5 grind and live your best life possible.
- You don’t have to work for someone else. Working for somebody else means playing by their rules. If you’re sick of taking orders from your boss and think that you could do a better job. Ditching the 9 to 5 could be the best thing you’ve ever done.
- Do something you love. There are dreamers and doers. Dreamers never do the things they love because they’re scared. Doers are scared, but get on with it anyway.
- Fulfil your ambition. People with ambition can feel stifled in their 9 to 5 roles and this can make for a less happy existence. If you want to push yourself and live to the full, then you could really thrive by starting your own business.
- Do what you want with your time. The 9 to 5 is a routine. It’s an arbitrary time in the week during which your employer insists you must work. It’s not fair. It’s not right. Surely you should be able to use your time as you like? Ditching the 9 to 5 lets you do just that. Who says you can’t spend time having fun in the middle of the week?
- Work fewer hours for more pay. Because you work for yourself, you take home all of the money you earn – none of it goes to a boss or shareholders. Making more per hour means you don’t have to work so long during the week.
- You get the full value of your labour. Paid a pre-agreed, fixed rate of pay, your boss will never pay you what you’re worth, they’ll instead pay you the ‘going rate’ for your job title. While it’s a good deal for some people, for the majority it’s unjustifiable. If you want to take home your full worth, then quitting your job and striking out by yourself is the only way to go.
- Get more leisure time. Do you wish you had more time to spend with friends and family? When you work for yourself, you can decide the hours you work, freeing up time for doing the things you love. Ideal for a single parent needing to work hours that fit nicely within the school run and spend time with the kids in the holidays.
- Enjoy a luxury lifestyle. Working the 9 to 5 prevents you from capturing your actual value. Once you become an entrepreneur and build your empire, you can enjoy all the fruits of your labour. Buy the larger house you need or have always wanted, drive the better car, go on holiday more often to far away shores or explore other cultures, enjoy life the way you’ve always dreamed of. Work won’t say yes to having an office dog? In your home office you can spend more time with and enjoy the benefits of working in the same environment as your dog or cat.
- Get a more secure income. When self-employed, you no longer have to rely on a single company to pay you! Instead you’ll receive payments from a multitude of customers, lowering income risk.
- Work from anywhere, anytime. People are generally locked to working in an office. In one location and only ever traveling somewhere new with their few weeks of vacation each year. By working for yourself you’ll have so much more free time and money available to you. Use it to see the world and with laptop in-hand you’re only an internet connection away from your responsibilities.
Did you like this article? Check out another, such as Why Should You Become A Digital Nomad?
Please take a moment to like the Loading Wealth Facebook page!